On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 10:52 PM, Scott Meyers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have two questions about character styles.
>
>  1.  I have a style called "Code" that is supposed to do nothing but change
> the font face to Calibri.  It should not change the font size, the font
> background, the use of bold or italics or anything else about the
> characters. I should be able to apply it to text in headings, footnotes, or
> regular paragraphs and have it do the right thing.  Unfortunately, as things
> stand now, applying this style also changes the font size, so "Code"-styled
> footnote text ends up no longer being footnote-sized.  How can I set up my
> "Code" style so that it behaves the way I want it to?

Just guessing (actually it would be much more useful if I spent time
trying rather than typing this email (-: ): have you tried putting
100% in the font size box?

>  2.  I have some text in a paragraph, and the text somehow ended up being
> the wrong size for the paragraph, say 12 point instead of 11 point.  I want
> to format the text with the default font for the paragraph style.  If I
> select the text, right-click and choose "Default Formatting," nothing
> happens.  It seems that that text thinks that 12 point is its default.  How
> can I say "format this text in the default manner for the paragraph"?

Cannot reproduce this error. Normally selecting the text and pressing
ctrl+shift+spacebar (equivalent of default formatting) works fine. It
is however true that the default characther style (that cannot be
modified) seems to be set to 12pt which may explain the problem you
encountered.

Regards,

Michele