On Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 11:59 AM Sachendra Shukla <
sachendra.shu...@yagnaiq.com> wrote:

> Hi Gianluca,
>
> I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to bring to your attention an
> issue regarding the status of ovirt-engine and httpd. While httpd is
> showing as active, unfortunately, the ovirt-engine status is indicating a
> failure. I have attached the engine logs for your reference to provide more
> insight into this matter. I do not want any impact on running VMs. Please
> check and provide me  the resolution if possible.

It could be related to the ovirt-ovn-provider and/or its certificates, as
we get thousands of errors related to it inside engine.log

  $ grep ERROR /tmp/engine.log | awk '{print $4}' | sort | uniq -c
   2532
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.provider.network.SyncNetworkProviderCommand]

the last being:

2024-03-28 22:15:33,484+05 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.provider.network.SyncNetworkProviderCommand]
(EE-ManagedScheduledExecutorService-engineScheduledThreadPool-Thread-53)
[260c120a] Command
'org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.provider.network.SyncNetworkProviderCommand'
failed: EngineException: (Failed with error NotAfter: Fri Dec 30 19:27:18
IST 2022 and code 5050)

Which version of oVirt are you using?

You could try to run this and see if it recreates certificates if this is
the problem (or if it asks to regenerate them, say yes). You should not get
downtime for VMs. The "--offline" option makes the command only refresh its
configuration without going through actual updates or modifications

engine-setup --offline

It restarts also the needed services (ovirt-provider-ovn too) in the
correct order, that could help sometimes

HIH,
Gianluca