On 1/7/24 05:40, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
I built email servers for a non-profit I volunteer for.  If email comes into the server for presid...@myassociation.org, I would normally just create an alias in /etc/aliases so that emails to president@ get forwarded to the president's "real" email address, say presidents_real_em...@gmail.com.

postfix supports expand_owner_alias, which, when you are sending to al...@example.com, will set sender to owner-al...@example.com.

That way SPF should pass.

The problem is, when I send email to presid...@myassociation.org, gmail rejects the forwarded email because it appears to come from my personal domain, not the mythical myassociation.org domain.  DKIM, DMARC, and SPF all fail, which I totally understand.

How can I make this work?

DKIM should not fail, unless you modify the message. Do you modify the message?