On Feb 9, 2007, at 7:45 AM, SM wrote:
Blackberry messages will hit the LW_STOCK_SPAM4 rule. There is nothing wrong with the LW_STOCK_SPAM4 rule as such. The overall score in a standard configuration with that rule added averages around two points. It shouldn't cause any false positives as the score is low.

However, all blackberry messages also hit base64 text and excess base64 which puts them right on the edge. Anything that hits any other rule will cause a problem.

And frankly I disagree with the logic that rules that hit wrongly shouldn't be fixed unless it raises the score about 5.0. I simply couldn't function with *ANY* of my mailboxes at 5.0 -- I'd be deleting 1-2 pieces of spam per minute. I run my public mailboxes at 3.8 and I'm trying to determine if 3.2 is reasonable.

--
Jo Rhett