On 5/15/07, Daryl C. W. O'Shea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Big Wave Dave wrote:
> On 5/15/07, Daryl C. W. O'Shea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Big Wave Dave wrote:
>> > I am running SA 3.1.8, and I'm having issues implementing the
>> > RelayCountry plugin.  I followed the Wiki/PerlDoc page, but have not
>> > had any success.
>>
>> > However, the header is never added.
>> >
>> > In init.pre, I have individually tried each:
>> >
>> > add_header all Relay _RELAYCOUNTRY_
>> >
>> > add_header all Relay_Country _RELAYCOUNTRY_
>> >
>> > add_header all Relay-Country _RELAYCOUNTRY_
>> >
>> > add_header all X-Relay-Countries _RELAYCOUNTRY_
>> >
>> > I tried each of the above, following posts I found online.  I got the
>> > impression it varried depending on the version you wer running.  The
>> > wiki references SA 3.1.0.  Regardless, none of them added the header.
>> > I'm sure I'm missing something simple.
>> > Any input is appreciated.
>>
>> That doesn't pass a lint check, does it?  The first thing to do when
>> debugging a problem is to run 'spamassassin --lint'.
>>
>> Move the config to local.cf and you'll be all set.
>>

>> Daryl
>
> It passes 'spamassassin --lint' with the config in init.pre or
> local.cf.  The original email show snippets of the debugging when I
> ran 'spamassassin -D' against a real message.  I figured lint may not
> work since it may not have a relay IP to check against.  Even when I
> run 'spamassassin -D --lint' I see:
> [31258] dbg: plugin:
> Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry=HASH(0xee86aa0) implements
> 'extract_metadata'
> [31258] dbg: metadata: X-Relay-Countries:

This debug output has nothing to do with add_header.  Even without the
plugin loaded the header would still be added if add_header was
working/configured correctly.

> It seems like the plugin is loading properly... the piece requesting
> it added to the headers it where my config is broken.

Ah, yeah, add_header lines in a pre file wouldn't cause a lint error
since they don't need a plugin to be loaded in order to be parsed.

Of course you won't get the desired effect if you place the add_header
lines in a pre file since the settings will be cleared by the
clear_headers directive in 10_default_prefs.cf.

I fail to see why it didn't work when you placed the add_header
directive in your local.cf file (unless your local.cf is unreadable for
whatever reason).  You did check the output with add_header in local.cf,
right?

Perhaps full debug output would make things clear as to what is going on.

Daryl

Do you want to see the full debug with --lint or a real message?
Should I send it to the list as well?
Thanks for your assistance.

Dave