On Aug 21, 2007, at 11:17 AM, Duane Hill wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 at 11:03 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] confabulated:
It seems to mostly help when it drops the message into a file for clamav to scan.

Is that using the ClamAV plugin or outside of SA completely? I am currently using the ClamAV plugin with the SaneSecurity additions.

I'm using Amavisd, which invokes clamav itself before calling SA. So your environment may be entirely different.

Examine the process and see if/when/how it uses temporary files. It always seems to be faster using a ramdisk for the temp files.

--
Jo Rhett