On Aug 21, 2007, at 1:42 PM, Marc Perkel wrote:
I've been using Clam but I've heard of Amavisd - do I want it? What all does it do?

amavisd-new provides a nice front-end for virus and spamassassin scanning. It's like using spamd, but a lot more featurefull. In my case it was the easiest way to (a) snap into sendmail without using a separate front-end scanner and (b) had useful end-user tools for managing spam controls.

That said, it does white/black/etc listing in its own databases, not the SA ones, etc etc. So research it.

--
Jo Rhett