On 25/03/2010 5:04 PM, Clayton Keller wrote:
> I have run into a snag.
>
> The release notes for 3.3.0 indicate that Mail::SPF::Query is no longer
> used.
>
> I have been using the pypolicyd-spf package from openspf.org, which
> required python-spf to be installed to take advantage of their module.
>
> With that I had previously used to following config option in my
> local.cf to for the use of Mail::SPF::Query:
>
> do_not_use_mail_spf     1
>
> At the moment I am running into a conflict with the binaries for the
> python-spf and perl-Mail-SPF packages.
>
> My question is with the statement in the release announcements could I
> run into an issue without having Mail::SPF installed?
>
> The SPF plugin appears to still include the use of Mail::SPF::Query if
> that value is toggled, and appears to also look for headers added (in my
> case by the pypolicyd-spf package as well).

As long as the logic didn't change (except for dropping Mail::SPF::Query
support) from when I wrote it, yeah, you should be able to just re-use
your already added Received-SPF headers.  Of course, if there is no
Received-SPF header present in a message you won't be able to do an SPF
check in SA if you don't have the required module (Mail::SPF) installed.

Daryl