On Mon, 06 Nov 2023 11:53:30 -0800, Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>
wrote:

>--On Monday, November 06, 2023 7:32 PM +0100 Bo Berglund
><bo.bergl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am hunting for when a particular change was made in a file under version
>> control. It happened years ago.
>
>svn blame path > path.blame
>
>That gives you the file annotated with each line showing which revision it
>last changed on.

Thanks, but:

I tried blame:
svn blame https://svnserver/svn/pc/AgiSSAdmin/trunk/Source/class_SuperSting.pas
> blame.txt

It produced a text file containing the content of the source file as it looks
today with each line annotated when that line was committed the *last* time.

But that is not what I want, instead I want to know *all* revisions in which the
file was modified so I can look at these revisions and see what changed between
them concerning the function I want to inspect.

If I could get the rev numbers at the beginning of each result line in numerical
order and nothing else I would be done with the list.

with this command:

svn log -q https://svnserver/svn/pc/AgiSSAdmin/trunk/Source/class_SuperSting.pas
> log.txt

I got a file containing a reverse ordered list of revisions looking like this:

r200 | bosse | 2001-06-24 17:29:47 +0200 (Sun, 24 Jun 2001)
r197 | bosse | 2001-06-23 12:12:37 +0200 (Sat, 23 Jun 2001)

with 106 revisions present.

So log is the better solution.
Now I need to figure out how to best attack this analysis with so many
commits...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden