mån 6 nov. 2023 kl. 21:42 skrev Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@gmail.com>:

> On Mon, 06 Nov 2023 11:53:30 -0800, Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>
> wrote:
>
> >--On Monday, November 06, 2023 7:32 PM +0100 Bo Berglund
> ><bo.bergl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I am hunting for when a particular change was made in a file under
> version
> >> control. It happened years ago.
> >
> >svn blame path > path.blame
> >
> >That gives you the file annotated with each line showing which revision
> it
> >last changed on.
> >

> Thanks, but:
>
> I tried blame:
> svn blame
> https://svnserver/svn/pc/AgiSSAdmin/trunk/Source/class_SuperSting.pas
> > blame.txt
>
> It produced a text file containing the content of the source file as it
> looks
> today with each line annotated when that line was committed the *last*
> time.
>
> But that is not what I want, instead I want to know *all* revisions in
> which the
> file was modified so I can look at these revisions and see what changed
> between
> them concerning the function I want to inspect.

svn blame accepts an -r N:M so if you know the revisions that occurred in
the time period of interest (maybe also works with the date range arguments
already suggested by Nathan) you should be able to limit the revision
numbers.

But since you use TortoiseSVN I might suggest that you look at Tortoise’s
graphical Blame. It looks much like the command line client in that you get
the revision number each line was changed but you can right click a
revision number and “blame previous revision” which will give the previous
time that line was changed. I find this helps a lot to figure out past
refactorings.

> If I could get the rev numbers at the beginning of each result line in
> numerical
> order and nothing else I would be done with the list.
>
> with this command:
>
> svn log -q
> https://svnserver/svn/pc/AgiSSAdmin/trunk/Source/class_SuperSting.pas
> > log.txt
>
> I got a file containing a reverse ordered list of revisions looking like
> this:
>
> r200 | bosse | 2001-06-24 17:29:47 +0200 (Sun, 24 Jun 2001)
> r197 | bosse | 2001-06-23 12:12:37 +0200 (Sat, 23 Jun 2001)
>
> with 106 revisions present.
>
> So log is the better solution.
> Now I need to figure out how to best attack this analysis with so many
> commits...

Kind regards
Daniel