Because, a company that has invested a year or more, developing an app is
probably going to want to use it for a little while.  Over the lifetime of an
enterprise app, it will undoubtedly need modification (both bug fixes and
added features.)

When Tapestry 5 arrives, we can safely assume that Tapestry 4 development will
stop fairly shortly thereafter (new features immediately, maybe bug fixing
will go on for a year or two, but that's nothing compared to the lifetime of
a large app.)  Then there's the fact that, right now it's difficult enough to
find people with skill in T4, but in a couple of years it'll be impossible,
because most people will have moved on to T5...

If the migration to T5 requires what basically amounts to a rewrite and T4 is
no longer maintainable, then the 'powers that be' at said company are going
to be a little irate that they've invested so much time/money into something
that ultimately didn't last very long.  In fact, they'll probably be looking
for heads to roll...