<SNIP>

> > "Do not use cachesize with values higher then 1 on Apache
> 2.x prefork
> > or Apache 1.3.x!"
> >
> > I believe that this only applies to Non-Windows installations.
> > (correct me if I am wrong here) Apache 1.3.34 on Windows is
> > multi-threaded and you must set the cachesize = webserver child
> > processes.  This change resolved the 'Server Busy Page' issue.  I
> > believe that by only having 1 thread essentially causes it to run in
> >
> Right. cachesize=MaxClients on Windows.
> On Apache2 it's set by querying the mpm if omitted.

It would be nice if the docs reflected this :-)

> Apache 1.3.x on Windows for production?
> I must admit, you guys are very brave ;)

Been running for years and have found it quite stable, however our use is
very specific, static files, mod_jk and mod_[old version of cold fusion].
Very little room for anything to go wrong here.  The cold fusion mod
(v4.1.something) is not available for apache 2 mod so we are a little stuck
on 1.3.34 at the moment.

Justin