I tend to agree with your postion. I'm not sure that Tomcat will see the
native Windows shortcut. I'll see if we can figure out how to do it. If you
have any ideas I'm all ears.

It sure would be nice if Tomcat had the ability to have the shared lib see
down the hierarchy or be able to put jars somewhere where all the apps could
have access in the manner I've described. There is a good reason why app
servers like WAS allow this...it makes maintenance and deployment much
easier.