> From: "Zohar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/04/06 Thu AM 11:46:27 EDT
> To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>,
>       <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: access control
>
> Can I grant access to some jsp pages and deny access to others (in the same
> context)?

Yes.  I've done it by creating a subdirectory within the webapp and placing
those jsps I only want admin users to access inside that folder and adding the
security constraint to web.xml.
Here's a snippet
<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
       <web-resource-name>UserArea</web-resource-name>
       <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
       <http-method>GET</http-method>
       <http-method>POST</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>standard_user</role-name>
      <role-name>admin_user</role-name>
    </auth-constraing>
</security-constrant>
<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>AdminArea</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/admin/*</url-pattern>
      <http-method>GET</http-method>
      <http-method>POST</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>admin_user</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>
There may be a better way, but I was in a hurry....