Jose

>> They actually use a pseudo-CATALINA_BASE (I think) and run the server from:
>>
>> workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp[n]
>>
>> n is the number of your server in your Servers project.
>>
>> There is no bin directory, and there's an extra directory called wtpwebapps
>> which contains an empty ROOT application.
>

>You can change all this configuration by double-clicking over the
>server icon in Servers tab.
>And choose root folder and webapps folder

OK, I double clicked. Can you give me some more details on choosing root
folder and webapps folder? I see three radio buttons that are all greyed
out. I don't know how to click on them.
 "Use workspace metadata (dones not modify Tomcat installation)"
 "Use the tomcat installation (takes control of Tomcat installation)"
 "Use the custom location (does not modify Tomcat installation)"

Down below that it says "Deploy path: wtpwebapps" but it is greyed out
too.