Please check inline for my reply . Thanks.

-------- Original message --------
From: Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Date: 04/23/2015  6:15 AM  (GMT+08:00)
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Apache Tomcat jk connector 400 bad request

Razi,

On 4/22/15 5:45 PM, Razi wrote:

> Hi Christopher,

> Thanks for looking into this.

> Any random request fails, ajax or non-ajax.

> The worker.properties is as follows::

> worker.lbroutex.type=lb

> worker.lbroutex.balance_workers=workerx,workery,workerz

> worker.lbroute.sticky_session=1

> worker.workerX.port=1234 worker.workerX.host=$$$.com

> worker.workerX.type=ajp13 worker.workerX.lbfactor=1

> As  I am using jboss EAP, I am pasting the config from my

> standalone.xml

> <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:web:1.4"

> default-virtual-server="default-host" instance-id="worker10"

> native="false"> <connector name="http" scheme="http"

> protocol="HTTP/1.1" socket-binding="http"/> <connector name="https"

> scheme="http" protocol="HTTP/1.1" socket-binding="https"

> secure="true"> <ssl name="ssl" key-alias="jboss" password=""

> certificate-key-file="" protocol=""/> </connector> <connector

> name="ajp" scheme="http" protocol="AJP/1.3" socket-binding="ajp"/>

I suppose this has a default port number (8009?) and it matches what

you have in worker.workerX.port? Yes

You shouldn't be using any OpenSSL for the the AJP connector, so

proxied requests via AJP shouldn't trigger the OpenSSL errors. A full

stack trace would be very helpful. I wiill get this trace out

I don't see anything immediately obvious. Do you have a firewall

between httpd and Tomcat? Has it been configured to leave the

connections open forever? If not, you might want to consider

configuring CPING/CPONG at intervals (look at the AJP connector

configuration reference and search for cping/cpong to see how to do that

).
will check for the firewall and revert.

If you decide to change your timeout values (I don't see a reason to

do so unless you are encountering some kind of related problem, and I

don't consider this to be a related problem), make sure they are

consistent between mod_jk and Tomcat's AJP connector.I tried inceasing the
value of webserver KeepAliveTimeout to 15 and i dont get the 400 bad request
error in the test environment. But i really want to know the root cause before
i move it to production. In my httpwatch i see the request going without any
body ony header.

Any chance the 400 responses always come from the same httpd instance

or Tomcat instance? No its random any instance.