      From: Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
 To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
 Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 2:00 AM
 Subject: Re: Http 2 support in Tomcat

On 15/05/2015 08:55, anjan bacchu wrote:
>  wondering what the plans are for supporting HTTP 2 support in tomcat ?
> When is it planned ? Which version(s) are likely to get support ?

Work is in progress now.
http://tomcat.markmail.org/thread/twqufoz53txetagh

I hope to have basic support working in the next couple of weeks (it is
probably only a couple of days work but I have other stuff I need to do
first). Complete support will need to wait until the Servlet EG decides
what the API is going to look like. Until then I'll probably implement
whatever the latest thinking is in the Servlet EG.

It will be included in Tomcat 9 (it will be required by Servlet 4.0).

We may back-port support to earlier versions but that would require
significant refactoring of the I/O code to do so.

Mark