Thanks Rainer, I was looking at reasons not to use websockets and found this
recent blog. Be interesting to see if HTTP/2 has simular issues.
http://www.pubnub.com/knowledge-base/discussion/311/current-websockets-limitations
 Regards,-Tony
      From: Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
 To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
 Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 3:12 PM
 Subject: Re: Http 2 support in Tomcat

Am 15.05.2015 um 20:43 schrieb PerfGuru:
> Thanks Mark & Chris this is a very informative. I am using a httpd that
> supports http/2 and wow is it impressive. Sorry, I had to stop using
> Apache/Tomcat to use it but the performance and bandwidth gains are so nice
> it is addicting and my users have noticed. I will look into jre/jdk 9 and ask
> Oracle if servlet 4 is in the EA's. I would like to stay with http/2 rather
> than go to websockets but I am an early adaptor and if it is stable and has
> servlet 4 with http/2 I will give it a try and let you know the results. Best
> Regards,-Tony

Note that web socket and HTTP/2 serve very different purposes. Web
sockets provide you basically with a socket you can use for setting up
your own protocol and get rid of request/response semantics. Web socket
allow to set up asynchoneous communication.

HTTP/2 more or less has the same request/response semantics as HTTP. It
is onyl a more efficient implementation of that by combining multiple
request/response streams into one TCP connection, using header
compression etc. etc. HTTP/2 is still synchroneous. Yes, there is a
notion of server push, but push in HTTP/2 is very different from what
one would name a push in the web socket world.

I think it would be better to clearly keep the two terms web socket and
HTTP/2 separated.

Regards,

Rainer