Jessica,

On 8/24/15 4:25 AM, Alten, Jessica-Aileen wrote:
>> The Apache Tomcat Project is proud to announce the release of
>> version 1.2.41 of the Apache Tomcat Connectors. This version
>> fixes one security issue (CVE-2014-8111) and a number of bugs
>> found in previous releases.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Downloads: http://tomcat.apache.org/download-connectors.cgi
>
> Is there a binary release for Windows scheduled?

The official position of the ASF is that we provide code, not
binaries. That said, providing binaries for Windows users is a really
nice thing to do because most Windows users don't have compilers
handy, and the range of environments can be ... difficult.

We'd love to provide Windows binaries for mod_jk, but they are a real
pain in the neck to actually build: they require very specific build
environment, and the library must be built in such a way that it's
compatible with the web server in which it's running (e.g. httpd
1.3/2.2/2.4 or IIS 5/6/7/8/9, proper architecture (32/63) and chipset
(x86/x86-64/itanium/alpha). It's gotten to the point where it's tough
to provide all of those combinations with any regularity.

We are trying to work on software, not spend our (volunteer) time
wrestling with build processes.

Our friends over at the Apache Lounge [1], while not being directly or
officially affiliated with the ASF in any way, have been building
httpd and various modules for it (including mod_jk) for a while, now.
I see that they don't yet have a build for mod_jk 1.2.41, but I'm sure
if you asked nicely, they'd tell you what their schedule is.

Unfortunately, I don't believe they provide builds for the ISAPI
redirector for IIS. If that's what you need... umm... wait to see if
anyone volunteers to make a build for you? (Remember that you must
trust the source of the build: don't just accept a binary from some
random person on the web and install it into your production web
servers. You never know what you're going to get!)

- -chris

[1] http://www.apachelounge.com/