> The official position of the ASF is that we provide code, not
> binaries.

Sorry, I can't follow this argument - there are lots of binaries in the
download area, even for Tomcat and the Httpd flagship.

> We'd love to provide Windows binaries for mod_jk, but they are a real
> pain in the neck to actually build: they require very specific build
> environment, and the library must be built in such a way that it's
> compatible with the web server in which it's running (e.g. httpd
> 1.3/2.2/2.4 or IIS 5/6/7/8/9, proper architecture (32/63) and chipset
> (x86/x86-64/itanium/alpha). It's gotten to the point where it's tough
> to provide all of those combinations with any regularity.

I understand that it is difficult - perhaps too difficult for the developers of
this module, but the average Windows admin or Java programmer should do this? ;)
There were binaries of this module at least for the last 10 years!
I'm very disappointed on this attitude. You are closing out the whole
Windows/IIS world.

> Unfortunately, I don't believe they provide builds for the ISAPI
> redirector for IIS. If that's what you need... umm...

Umm - yes - this is what I need.

Greetings,
Jessica