Maybe in the "thought-provoking" category :
Compare and discuss :
https://news.netcraft.com/archives/2016/12/21/december-2016-web-server-survey.html
https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/web_server/all
https://plumbr.eu/uncategorized/most-popular-java-ee-servers-2016-edition

or (being facetious) :
why are you guys developing in/for tomcat/java ?
should you not be developing in/for nginx/php ?

On 19.01.2017 23:45, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 17/01/2017 22:04, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 09/01/2017 11:57, Mark Thomas wrote:

<snip/>

I look forward to hearing your topic ideas.

Thanks for all the great ideas so far. I've tried to pull them all
together here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/TomcatCon+NA+2017

I'm waiting to hear back from the ApacheCon folks as to how this would
work. I'll update this thread with info as I get it.

Good news. I have received the following reply:

<quote>
I think this sounds great (it's wonderful to see all the ideas on the
content side flowing on the list) and in short, yes we can do this. Some
specifics:

-We can do an element of separate branding on signage/promotion/badges
-A dedicated track branded as the Tomcat Conference is great.
-100% on board with community selecting the content

The questions/points I'd want to confirm would be:
1. Could the sessions/track live on the ApacheCon schedule as the Tomcat
Conference 'track? or do you need a fully separate schedule?

2. Would you need a Tomcat Conference only registration or could we use
the ApacheCon registration form with an add-on 'Check here to sign up
for the Tomcat Conference'? I think that is what you meant, but just
confirming.

Thanks,

Angela
</quote>

For those of you who don't know her, Angela is our ApacheCon contact at
the Linux Foundation who produce ApacheCon for the ASF.

My response to the questions was:
1. Shared schedule is fine.
2. A separate registration page is preferred.

I've also asked if we should go ahead and use the ApacheCon CFP.

More updates as I get them.

Mark