On 8/10/17, 1:19 PM, André Warnier (tomcat) wrote:

try : iptables -L

and then : man iptables
(only for the brave)

After looking up the man page (and while I *know* where the term comes from, I *still* think there ought to be "woman," "boy," and "girl" pages [and maybe "cat" and "dog" pages] as well!) and the Wikipedia article, I reasoned that this seemed like something CentOS (being a Red Hat derivative) would have a GUI front-end for, and sure enough, it's right where I expected it to be, from the Gnome desktop, System/Administration/Security Level and Firewall.

And as soon as I opened up 8080, it worked just fine.

--
JHHL

And now that I think of it, any text file is a "cat page."