Am 13.10.2017 um 12:48 schrieb Alex O'Ree:
> Well that explains a lot. Similar issue for me. With url encoding,  tomcat
> is dropping back slash and the plus symbol.

While I think it is perfectly eligible to strive for a most perfect
alignement with standards and specs, I think Tomcat should allow a
reasonnable set of characters to be optionally allowed (as they already
are in Tomcat up to 8.5).

I am aware that these options may be a security issue and that the
documentation should state that clearly. However it is not always
possible to correct the environment to be "standard" compatible and the
educational approach by not allowing these options is understandable but
may be not appropriate in many situations.

Best regards
Markus