André,

On 9/9/19 07:59, André Warnier (tomcat) wrote:
> Hi. Did you check :
> https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/http.html#Common_Attri
butes

- --> maxPostSize

> Note : normally, the browser will encode (Base64 or similar) the
> content of a file and send the encoded content, which tends to be
> significantly larger (in bytes) than the original file (say +
> 30%).

I know of no browser that encodes a file in any way when performing a
standard file-upload via an <input type="file"/> control. HTTP handled
binary content just fine.

> I do not know (and the doc does not say) if the maxPostSize
> attribute refers to the POST content still encoded or already
> decoded.

That setting counts bytes on the wire.

- -chris

> On 09.09.2019 12:53, Leon Atherton wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've discovered an interesting issue where POST requests fail
>> when uploading a file over about ~6MB if the server ignores the
>> request content.
>>
>> I've put together a simple project to reproduce it:
>> https://github.com/leonatherton/tomcat-request-issue
>>
>> Serverside code:
>> https://github.com/leonatherton/tomcat-request-issue/blob/master/src/
main/java/DemoServlet.java

Clientside code:
>> https://github.com/leonatherton/tomcat-request-issue/blob/master/src/
main/webapp/index.html

If you'd like to try it yourself there are a couple of pre-built war