Our use case is rejecting the request based on IP.

In the browser the status code is 0, and the network tab in developer
tools is showing no response to the request. It's the same in Chrome and
Firefox.

The request works fine when I send from Node.JS.

It seems to me that Tomcat responds to the request before the upload has
completed, and calling request.getParameter() fixes the problem because
it causes Tomcat to read the full request before the response is sent.

Some clients are fine with the early response (e.g. Node.JS), but both
Chrome and Firefox don't like it.

I'm not sure if it's an issue with how Tomcat handles the request, or
how the browsers are handling the response (but I suspect it can be
fixed on the Tomcat side as the problem does not occur with Payara).

Thanks