James,

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 4:49 PM James H. H. Lampert <
jam...@touchtonecorp.com> wrote:

> We have a Tomcat (8.5.40) server running on an Amazon EC2 instance,
> currently using a Java Keystore for the SSL support.
>
> We would like to be able to use Let's Encrypt, but I've learned that
> Let's Encrypt and Tomcat don't get along all that well together. The
> best I've found so far are article at:
>
> <
> https://medium.com/@raupach/how-to-install-lets-encrypt-with-tomcat-3db8a469e3d2
> >

> and this thread in the Let's Encrypt community forum:
>
> <
> https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/how-can-i-automate-renewals-with-tomcat/81423
> >

> Does anybody here have any experience with situations like this? Does
> anybody here have any suggestions? Or, as another alternative, does
> anybody here know of some Amazon AWS product that could front-end a
> single-box, non-load-balanced Tomcat server, and use Amazon's free
> "Public Certificates"? (I've already posted that last to the relevant
> Amazon forum.)

You should check out Chris' presentations on the topic.  He outlines a very
efficient process.  There is probably more materials out there, but a quick
search brings up the video [1] and slides [2] from his presentation at
ApacheCon earlier this year, as well as his shell script for automating the
process.

Igal

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWUjvmJgSeE
[2]