Jon,

On 9/8/23 14:21, Mcalexander, Jon J. wrote:
In seeing the latest messages about the manager application, something that I and my team
would LOVE to have is just a Status app that provides all the items status wise that the
Manager app does, without any of the "Application Management" like restarting
an app, etc. I know all the pieces are out there in Catalina.jar, but I don't have the
developer knowledge to put it together in a separate servlet that just calls the items
needed from Catalina.

Is this something that any of the guru's have thought about putting together?
I'm thinking it would be best to just be a web service, no gui, that you can
call and get the json or xml output with the data so it can be incorporated
into a dashboard.

Are you looking for...

1. Something with more limited capabilities (for less-trusted admins, or to reduce the possibilities for hacking)

2. Something with fewer distractions

3. Something with a JSON/XML interface instead of HTML

4. Something which has fewer lines of code

?

Or some combination of the above, or something else?

-chris