From: Thomas Meyer <tho...@m3y3r.de>
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2023 00:03
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>; Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net>; users@tomcat.apache.org
<users@tomcat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: Datadog _ JMX Integration facing connection issues.

Hi,

Also newer jvm do have XX:+UseContainerSupport set as default, also when using
XX:+UseContainerSupport setting -Xms and -Xmx do not really make sense at all,
you either want the JVM to deduce the max heap size from the memory cgroup or
not....

Mfg
Thomas

Am 4. Dezember 2023 18:52:13 MEZ schrieb Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net>:
>Sai Vamsi,
>
>On 12/4/23 03:53, Bodavula, Sai Vamsi Mohan Krishna (TR Technology) wrote:
>> Firstly thanks for adding a point me in asking me to check, if the
>> annotations are reflecting in the Java process, which opened me a door to
>> add the concerned annotations in correct place., by adding in
>> java_tool_options in stead of Java_opts.
>
>You will probably want to use CATALINA_OPTS instead of any of the other ones.
>JAVA_TOOL_OPTS isn't an environment variable regognized by Tomcat. You
>certainly don't want to use JAVA_OPTS, because Tomcat uses JAVA_OPTS any time
>it invokes a JVM. For example, running bind/digest.sh doesn't need to have the
>JMX subsystem starting-up and trying to grab a port.
>
>JAVA_TOOL_OPTS is an environment variable used by JVM-launching processes,
>like jps for example...
>
>> yeah they are reflecting and creating a Java Process.
>> but I am facing a problem here., while i am checking JSP, Thats :  the port
>> i am using here to enable JMX is been opening a process with the mentioned
>> port and at the same time shows port is being used.:
>>
>> root@lab1workflow4scalsvc2zus1-deployment-577d856494-ftb22:/# jps
>> Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Xms2048M -Xmx10240M
>> -XX:+UseStringDeduplication -XX:+UseContainerSupport
>> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
>> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false
>> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false
>> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.local.only=false
>> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=49151
>> -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=tomcat.default.svc.cluster.local
>> -javaagent:/datadog-lib/dd-java-agent.jar
>> -XX:OnError=/datadog-lib/continuousprofiler/tmp/dd_crash_uploader.sh
>> -XX:ErrorFile=/datadog-lib/continuousprofiler/tmp/hs_err_pid_%p.log
>> Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port
>> already in use: 49151; nested exception is:
>>          java.net.BindException: Address already in use (Bind failed)
>
>Yes: you have set JAVA_TOOL_OPTS and then run jps. jps is trying to bind to
>your port which is aready bound by your Tomcat process.
>
>The solution is to use only CATALINA_OPTS to set these options.
>
>-chris

  • Datadog _ JMX Integratio... Bodavula, Sai Vamsi Mohan Krishna (TR Technology)
    • Re: Datadog _ JMX I... Christopher Schultz
      • Re: [EXT] Re: D... Bodavula, Sai Vamsi Mohan Krishna (TR Technology)
        • Re: [EXT] R... Christopher Schultz
          • Re: [EX... Bodavula, Sai Vamsi Mohan Krishna (TR Technology)
            • Re... Christopher Schultz
              • ... Thomas Meyer
                • ... Bodavula, Sai Vamsi Mohan Krishna (TR Technology)
              • ... Bodavula, Sai Vamsi Mohan Krishna (TR Technology)
                • ... Christopher Schultz
                • ... Bodavula, Sai Vamsi Mohan Krishna (TR Technology)
                • ... Christopher Schultz
                • ... Bodavula, Sai Vamsi Mohan Krishna (TR Technology)
                • ... Christopher Schultz
                • ... Bodavula, Sai Vamsi Mohan Krishna (TR Technology)
                • ... logo
                • ... Christopher Schultz
                • ... Bodavula, Sai Vamsi Mohan Krishna (TR Technology)