Hi - I'm running mod_jk with an Apache front-end, and I'm having an issue with the JkShmFile files.

Every time Apache restarts mod_jk creates two new files (jk-runtime-status.PID and jk-runtime-status.PID.lock). These are never cleaned up; the log directory simply fills up with these files. This happens whether or not I explicitly set JkShmFile in the Apache conf.

Is there some way I can persuade mod_jk to use a single file pair, without the PID suffix, or to delete the previous file pair on a restart? I'm not doing any load sharing.

I'm on Ubuntu 22.04, Apache 2.4.52. The mod_jk version is possibly 1.2.48-1.

Thanks.