Hi there,

Am 19.12.23 um 18:05 schrieb EML:
Hi - I'm running mod_jk with an Apache front-end, and I'm having an issue with the JkShmFile files.

Every time Apache restarts mod_jk creates two new files (jk-runtime-status.PID and jk-runtime-status.PID.lock). These are never cleaned up; the log directory simply fills up with these files. This happens whether or not I explicitly set JkShmFile in the Apache conf.

That should no happen. There is a cleanup routine registered, which should delete the files during shutdown. And that's the behavior that I normally observe.

Is there some way I can persuade mod_jk to use a single file pair, without the PID suffix, or to delete the previous file pair on a restart? I'm not doing any load sharing.

If you must remove the PID, you can patch the code and build it yourself. The ID is added in file common/jk_shm.c in the following line:

        sprintf(jk_shmem.filename, "%s.%" JK_PID_T_FMT, fname, getpid());

You could replace it by:

        sprintf(jk_shmem.filename, "%s", fname);

If you compile the code yourself, please us the latest version 1.2.49.

As I mentioned, a normal shutdown should already remove the files. A reload should not change the pid and thereby the files. A restart in the sense of stop-then-start should also remove the old files.

I'm on Ubuntu 22.04, Apache 2.4.52. The mod_jk version is possibly 1.2.48-1.

Thanks.

Regards,

Rainer