Top posting since my comments are not 100% relevant to the issue in
the thread (i.e. related but not in detail).

It would be nice if Tomcat published EOL's since there are
applications (like HIPAA webapps [I do remote cardiac monitoring])
that are automatically declared to be insecure if the underlying
platform has any EOL'ed components (this why just upgraded from 9.0.35
to 9.0.85) and in some cases (like HIPAA) have goverment imposed fines
if there is a breach due to using EOL'ed components.   Thus there is a
need for known/published EOL dates in such apps.