Bill Barker wrote:
"Dennis Thrysøe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Any ideas what tomcat is doing to seperate for instance it's own commons-logging with a commons-logging in a deployed webapp?

Probably, the easiest is to jump to TC 6. That version no longer uses commons-logging.

But then I suppose other libraries could cause the same confusion?

Unfortunately or customers require java 1.4 for now, so I guess Tomcat 6 is out of the question.

I'm still really interested in good ideas on how to implement this. I'm guessing that it works in Tomcat, but it's hard to read from the code for an outsider.

I was hoping for some hidden trick of specifying explicit classloaders for various situations (I want to load jasper-related stuff with one classloader and application related stuff with another...).

-dennis