David,

Yes, the admin folder is under the server/admin folder. I basically just untarred it and that's where it was. I didn't change any of the files but I did check to see if they were there and in the correct place.

Elton

David Smith wrote:
This may or may not be the problem, but did you install it in server/webapps next to the manager webapp? That is where it's supposed to be as opposed to in the webapps directory with the other webapps.

--David

Elton Kong wrote:
Martin,

Here is the log pasted. There is a little more at the end I believe but this should outline the picture, thanks!

Elton

-----------------------------

2007-06-06 17:02:41 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:495)
       at org.apache.jsp.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:192)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:92)
       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:162) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:240) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187)
       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:200) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:146) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:209) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:144) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:504) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2358) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:133) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:118) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:116) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594) at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:534) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948) at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:152) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:799)
----- Root Cause -----
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.retrieveMessageResources(RequestUtils.java:1103) at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.message(RequestUtils.java:1043) at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:294) at org.apache.jsp.login_jsp._jspx_meth_bean_message_0(login_jsp.java:206)
       at org.apache.jsp.login_jsp._jspService(login_jsp.java:85)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:92)
       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:162) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:240) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187)

Martin Gainty wrote:
Hi Elton
what does the log say at
$CATALINA_HOME/logs/admin.YYYY-MM-DD.log
Thanks/
M--
This email message and any files transmitted with it contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this email message is addressed. If you have received this email message in error, please notify

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elton Kong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>