If I recall correctly, in JSP spec 1.1, the argument for
handlePageException() was Exception.  In JSP spec 1.2 and later, the
argument is Throwable.  It would appear you have a servlet.jar from
Servlet 2.2/JSP 1.1 somehow becoming the jar this JSP is running
against, causing the method signature mismatch.  Make sure you don't
have a copy of servlet.jar in the WEB-INF/lib of your webapp or
somewhere else involved with the running server, such as in the
lib/ext directory of your JDK or JRE.

In Tomcat 6, the JSP API classes are found in jsp-api.jar and servlet
API classes are found in servlet-api.jar, with both located in the lib
directory of the Tomcat 6 installation.  Any servlet.jar you find
involved with this server would contain out of date classes for this
server.

Cheers,
Larry

An
> error occurred at line: 22 in the generated java fileThe method
> getJspApplicationContext(ServletContext) is undefined for the type
> JspFactory An error occurred at line: 82 in the generated java fileThe
> method handlePageException(Exception) in the type PageContext is not
> applicable for the arguments (Throwable) Stacktrace:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorH
> andler.java:92)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.j
> ava:330)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:4
> 23)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:308)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:286)
> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:273)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.j
> ava:566)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.j
> ava:317)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:320