> From: niblz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Fresh install of Tomcat - getting frustrated
> with the JSP noworking
>
> http://www.coreservlets.com/Apache-Tomcat-Tutorial/

At least part of that tutorial is fatally flawed, and the author should
be ashamed of himself.  One must *never* set CLASSPATH to include the
servlet-api.jar and jsp-api.jar (besides, he gave incorrect locations).
Get rid of the CLASSPATH - you don't need it.

> I have download this OFFICIAL example
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/appdev/sample/

Works fine for me; where did you put it?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.