Dale,
So what are you saying? It's working with that compile. Should I build it with some other set of options?
Richard

On Oct 30, 2007, at 12:28 PM, BuildSmart wrote:

On Oct 30, 2007, at 10:37:13, Richard Doust wrote:

Alex,

QuadG5:native jboss$ ./configure CFLAGS='arch ppc64' APXSLDFLAGS='arch ppc64' --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs

.
.
.
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

I also tried ppc_64. I'm looking for the right value now.
I looked in the configure.log file and did a man on gcc and came to the understanding that:

Ah, okay, -arch ppc64 is a valid parameter to the compiler, so I did:

./configure cflags='-arch ppc64' APXSLDFLAGS='-arch ppc64' --with- apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs

and that made some makefiles which I then used to compile mod_jk.so.

Now I'm dealing with some apache configuration parameters in my old config that are apparently no longer valid (AddModule). I'll take it from here.
Thanks an awful lot for the help!

This also explains why the old mod_jk.so generated the same error. It's looking at 32-bit vs. 64-bit before it gets to the api.

Not likely, that isn't how it works, apache isn't compiled for ppc64 only and it's not recommended to generate a ppc64 only module unless you strip all of the 32bit architecture from all of the binaries and force it to run in 64bit only which wont happen if you examine some of the libraries in /usr/lib.

Richard