Alex,
Before I do this, I was just hoping for a quick confirmation from you that 'x86_64' is the correct value when it's a PowerPC architecture.
Thanks,
Richard

On Oct 30, 2007, at 7:56 AM, Alex Fuller wrote:

Richard Doust wrote:

Hi.
I upgraded my
Mac's OS on Saturday to OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
When I install the resultant mod_jk.so, Apache complains that it found
mod_jk mach-o, but it is for the wrong architecture.
If anyone has already done this, I'd love to hear from you.

Hi Richard,

The problem is that Apache 2 on Mac OS 10.5 Leopard runs in 64-bit mode on machines which are 64-bit capable (Mac Pros and MacBook Pros for sure). You
have to compile mod_jk to run on a 64-bit architecture, which would be
straightforward - except that for compatibility, Apple has left 32- bit mode
on all machines as default unless an application specifically invokes
64-bit. Hence the configure command when building mod_jk detects a 32-bit
architecture and has to be specifically instructed to use 64-bit.

At least that's my best understanding of it, it may be inaccurate! Anyway -
on to the solution (it worked for me anyway):

Go into the 'native' folder of your mod_jk source and type the following:

make clean
./configure CFLAGS='-arch x86_64' APXSLDFLAGS='-arch x86_64'
--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
make
sudo make install

(assuming you're not compiling as root, if you are, you won't need the sudo
at the end)

Hope that helps!

Alex