Tremal Naik wrote:
Oh, yes, you're right. I'm using version 1.1, that's why probably I
don't have that option available. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to
upgrade to a newer version...

I suppose you are using ActionForms. Try to extend ActionForm overriding your reset method which will set the character encoding, before the parameters are processed. Something like this:

public class UTF8ActionForm extends ActionForm {
    public void reset(ActionMapping mapping,
            HttpServletRequest request) {
        super.reset(mapping, request);
        try {
            request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
        } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException ioe) {
            throw new RuntimeException(ioe.getMessage());
        }
    }
}

And then just instead of using ActionForm use UTF8ActionForm.

And try asking on Struts mailing list, there should be more people who solved the same problem.

Regards,
Ognjen