P.B. wrote:
> Hello,
> I am going to write an application using the following frameworks:
> iBatis + Spring + Spring MVC and Webflow. The application is going to talk
> to external web services and maybe expose its own as well.
> I am wondering what features would not be possible for this configuration if
> it was running on Tomcat in comparison to what I would get if it was running
> on JBoss or other container like Websphere.

Well, unlike Websphere, JBoss or Tomcat don't offer you the feature that
lets you part with a large pile of cash ;)

Seriously - you'll need to spend some cash somewhere for support but I
would expect costs to be lower with JBoss or Tomcat.

In terms of the frameworks you selected, I see no reason why you would need
a full J2EE app server over a Servlet container. That said, there are
usually other factors to consider such as which software you already use.
>From a system admin point of view, it is usually better to use existing
products than add a new one to the support mix.

Mark