I am using tomcat6w.exe to setup and configure. I would like to start up Tomcat as a service with an icon on my taskbar.

The help says this is possible with the //MS// option. However, there is no explanation or example of where to put the option. I have tried putting it everywhere I think it should go. Does anyone here know?

Related (I think) issue: I have Tomcat set to startup type, "Automatic." The only argument on the startup tab is "start" When Tomcat starts, I get a command window that needs to be minimized. The last line says, "INFO: server startup in 1059 seconds." If I close the window, Tomcat stops. I do not want my customers to be seeing this window. Is there any way of getting rid of this window and still have Tomcat running?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce