I did what you said and here is the message. Can you understand what it is?

C:\Programme\Apache\apache-tomcat-5.5.17\bin>catalina.bat run
Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Programme\Apache\apache-tomcat-5.5.17
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Programme\Apache\apache-tomcat-5.5.17
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Programme\Apache\apache-tomcat-5.5.17\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Programme\Java\jdk1.5.0_09
Error opening zip file: C:\Programme\Apache\apache-tomcat-5.5.17\server\lib\spri
ng-agent.jar -Djava.util.logging.manager
agent library failed to init: instrument

C:\Programme\Apache\apache-tomcat-5.5.17\bin>

"Caldarale, Charles R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb: > From: Thomas Chang
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Problem by starting Tomcat after setting the
> spring-agent.jar
>
> The problem is: As I double click the "startup.bat", the
> cmd-console just come out very short a disappear.

Stop trying to debug with a GUI.  Start a command prompt, cd to the
Tomcat bin directory, and enter "catalina.bat run" (without the quotes).
This will kick off Tomcat in the current window and you'll be able to
see any messages it generates.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.