hi!
    this is the sample connector given in the doc..

Connector port="443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
               enableLookups="false"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
               acceptCount="100" scheme="https"
secure="true"
               SSLEngine="on"

SSLCertificateFile="${catalina.base}/conf/localhost.crt"

SSLCertificateKeyFile="${catalina.base}/conf/localhost.key"
/>

i have kept everything same in my server.xml..

now for localhost.crt and .key above i used the
following documentation
to generate a CA (so got cacert.pem and cakey.pem)

generate a new request (for certificate) and sign it
and o got newkey.pem and newcert.pem

i used these two files for localhost.key and
localhost.cert above by coping these to that location

still https://localhost:8443 is not working

i was wondering if i have do "import" stuff for .key
and .cert using openssl command ..

thanks

http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps/m2/howto.ca.html

> > From: Neha Agrawal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: RE: tomcat not working with HTTPS
> >
> > i have installed tomcat5.5
> > will the same stuff work for tomcat5.5
>
> Should be pretty much the same.  The relevant 5.5
> link is:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html
>
>  - Chuck
>

> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR
> OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY
> MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended
> recipient. If you
> received this in error, please contact the sender
> and delete the e-mail

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

      5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to
http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html