On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> David Rees wrote:
>  > One problem I've intermittently had with clustering is that after a
>  > Tomcat restart (we shut down one node and it immediately restarts,
>  > generally within 30 seconds), they two nodes don't consistently sync
>  > up. (The restarted node would not have the sessions from the other
>  > node, but new sessions would get replicated over) I have to think that
>  > this may be related to this issue.
>
>  I believe you have to wait at least 30seconds before you bring up the
>  other node.
>  especially, if you are using mcastDropTime="30000" (could be the
>  default?) then your nodes wont even realize this one is gone, and when
>  you bring it back up within 30seconds, to the other nodes its like
>  nothing ever changed.

OK, I'll have to try to figure out how to keep Tomcat from starting up
until 30 seconds have passed, then. Seems like this type of limitation
deserved a big fat warning in the Cluster HOW-TO? Do you think that
this could trigger the Queue build-up issue?

>  As rainer mentioned, if you are just starting to use cluster, switch to
>  TC6 to avoid the migration you will have to make. TC6 also handles this
>  scenario regardless of what you set your droptime to

I'd like to migration to TC6, but that also means that we have to
perform full validation testing which takes time and effort... Not to
mention that it seems that TC6 has only recently stabilized compared
to TC5. But it's good to know that TC6 resolves this issue. Can you
explain the features in TC6 which prevents this from being an issue?

-Dave