André Warnier wrote:

>It would appear (from the logs), that there is some double-encoding of the URI
>going on.
>[snip]
>But, if somewhere along the line, a piece of code was receiving the encoded
>URI "http://.../test%5Bbrackets%5D.jsp";, and decided to re-encode it again
>using the "% hex hex" method, then you would get this URI :
>"http://.../test%255Bbrackets%255D.jsp"; (where "%25" is the encoded version of
>"%").
>Then the next step would decode this URI back into
>"http://.../test%5Bbrackets%5D.jsp";, and that is what the server would try to
>access, what would be logged, and also what you seem to experience.
>
>So, which is the culprit which re-encodes something it should not ?
>And is there not some parameter somewhere which forces it to do so ?

Thanks for your excellent answer. I have fixed the problem now. There is a
setting for the isapi_redirecor called "uri_select". This parameter controls
the URI's which are passed to Tomcat from IIS. It defaults to value "proxy",
which leads to some re-encoding. I have changed the parameter's value to
"unparsed" now, which has solved the problem.

For those who want to know more, the parameter is explained here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/iis.html

Jesse.