Hello Good People!

I need your help! I can't find a good answer where
I've
looked. Here's my problem:

I have a web application client that shows a user a
form to fill out and then submits the form input to a
servlet in an application server (Appserver A) running
Tomcat.

The servlet (in Appserver A) then processes part of
the
form input in the doGet method and then needs to send
the rest of the form to another web server
(Appserver B) to process and return the results
(response code or something) to the calling servlet
which is waiting for it. The servlet receives the
results and based on the results, sends
response back to the client, all within the same doGet
method.

Is this doable, and What's the best way to go about
it?
Should I make the call to Appserver B in a separate
thread (I'm considering it)?

Thanks for your help.

Jeng