> From: Claudio Tassini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: symlinks in webapps
>
> it causes my app to start several times, while with
> a simple symlink I had the same webapp referenced as
> many times as I wished

I don't think that's true - each directory or .war file in the appBase
directory will cause a separate application deployment, which is what I thought
you wanted.  If what you really want is just to have multiple URLs refer to the
same (single) webapp, you have a couple of fairly easy choices:

1) Implement a valve or filter that catches references to the alternate URLs
and redirects or forwards them to the primary.

2) Create dummy webapps for the alternate URLs that contain nothing but an
index.html page that redirects to the primary.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.