if you use a JNDI lookup with a declared namespace such as
xmlns:jee="http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee";

more specifically in the case of spring
http://www.springframework.org/schema/jee/spring-jee.xsd

where jndi-name is declared to be
<xsd:attribute name="jndi-name" type="xsd:string" use="required">
<xsd:annotation>
<xsd:documentation>The JNDI name to look up.</xsd:documentation>
</xsd:annotation>
</xsd:attribute>

which can then reference a specific jdbc resource supplying provided jndi-name
of jpetstore-order such as
  <jee:jndi-lookup id="orderDataSource"
jndi-name="java:comp/env/jdbc/jpetstore-order"/>

I dont know what specific resource you are trying to locate with wildcard nulls
we might be able to help out better if you could explain your specific testcase
HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.

> Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 12:22:54 -0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Tomcat vs Weblogic JNDI Lookup
>
> The Weblogic servers we are using have been configured to allow JNDI
> datasource names like "appds".
>
> For development (localhost), we might be running Tomcat and when declared in
> the <context> section of server.xml, Tomcat will hang JNDI datasources on
> "java:comp/env/jdbc/*" in the JNDI tree.
>
> *Problem:* in Weblogic, the JNDI lookup is "appds" whilst in Tomcat, it
> seems that that I must provide the formal "java:comp/env/jdbc/appds". I'm
> afraid the Tomcat version is an implicit standard but unfortunately, I can't
> change Weblogic's config ... so that means we end up with two different
> spring config files (we're using spring 2.5) to facilitate the different
> environments.
> Is there an elegant way to address this. Can I look JNDI names up directly
> in Tomcat?

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your
life.