The * was just a wildcard for the example. Fill it in with whatever you
like. Let's say we have a datasource named "appds"

So code deployed to WEBLOGIC can do this:

    context.lookup("appds");

While code deployed to TOMCAT must do this:

    context.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/appds");

That is my problem and I can't 'adjust' the way they are build in Weblogic.
I believe, the Weblogic admin is simply going to the web admin console for
Weblogic and simply creating a datasource connection and giving it a simple
name.

Whereas, if I declare this datasource in tomcat's server.xml ... context tag
... the deployed code always needs to preprend the lookup name with
"java:comp/env".

I'd like one Spring config file or Source code file that "did the right
thing" depending on whether or not it was deployed to Tomcat or Weblogic ...

Hope that makes sense.

-Luther