Ok, I just solved the issue.

I tried deploying a war file using the web-based menu. Showing error message
Permission Denied. Then I changed privileges ober webapps folder and voilĂ !
Everything started working. All wars were deployed and my custom servlets
worked as well. I kind of feel stupid... Shouldn't tomcat have told me
something about it?

Anyway, what are the correct permissions to put on webapps folder? How come
tomcat didn't have enough privileges? I can see three tomcat instances
running, two of them ran by root and a third one by tomcat55

I have something mal configured? I'm quite newbie on server managment :S,
but setting 755 isn't dangerous?