Telnet does not work and netstat does not show anything suspicious.
Only the webserver listening on port 80. I would like to know if I can
kill any process from netstat or otherwise (other than from Task
Manager, as that doesn't show anything useful).

For now, I am already rebuilding a new server with Tomcat 6.0 and I
would like to know if there are any tools to monitor this from
happening again. I feel Tomcat 6.0 doesn't even have the admin webapp,
but not so sure. Let me know where I can find it. Also any tools to
monitor activity, sessions, RAM usage, jdbc connections, connection
pools would be very helpful.

Thanks,
-Toby